Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer 2012 Reading List

I have many books I'd really love to read this summer. I probably won't get to all of them, but I'm going to try. I thought I'd put together a tentative list of possible reads. Some are on my wishlist, and some I already own.


Currently Reading:
Fate of the Species: Why the Human Race May Cause Its Own Extinction and How We Can Stop It by Fred Guterl
Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
Mary Boleyn: The Mistress of Kings by Alison Weir


Upcoming Reads:
Lots of Candle, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen
22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson
Gold by Chris Cleave
American Sphinx by Joseph J. Ellis
Gilt by Katherine Longshore
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd
Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, And Hope in a Mombai Undercity by Katherine Boo
A Rare Titanic Family by Julie Hedgepeth Williams
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Quiet by Susan Cain
The Sisters by Poppy Adams
Curiosity by Joan Adams
The Orphanmaster by Jean Zimmerman
The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey

This list is by no means complete, as I am sure I will come across plenty of books that I have to read immediately that I don't know about yet, and is completely subject to change and whims! I'm a little sad now that I'm realizing that I don't have any classics on this list, but that certainly doesn't mean I won't pick one up and read one, just because I feel like it. I usually try to read an Austen every summer, and have been considering re-reading Sense and Sensibility, since it has been along time. I've also had my eye on Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh, so, that's a definite possibility too.









No comments:

Post a Comment